The book LET’S BE PEACE is in the final stages of contributions and first edit. It has been a blessing to have so many experts step up and agree to or ask to be a part of it. 18 Contributors have already done their interview or submitted a chapter and there are a couple more in the pipeline. I do not know yet how many will fit into the first book. It is possible all will and if not, volume 2 will be created sooner rather than later!
I have learned so much in the process of writing, researching and assembling this book. A collaborative book is quite different from the prescriptive memoir I wrote (IT’S ABOUT TIME; My Award-Winning TV Adventure). The writing was all in my hands then and the time table was my own. This is different in many ways. My intention is to write an introduction to each contribution plus the introduction to the book and two chapters about my journey. Those are almost complete. I am doing the first edit of each chapter, however I will likely engage a professional editor at some point to help fine tune the overall manuscript. This is a bit of a costly venture but I am sure will be well worth the time and financing. I have been told by two traditional publishers so far that a traditional publisher will not deal with an anthology which is what they are calling this. I do not think it is that at all but because there are contributors they have deemed it so. All that means is I’ll probably go with a hybrid publisher. Many publishers offer an option now that is a combination of self publishing and traditional support, however the author pays a fee upfront. This is substantial depending on who you engage. Wow.. I hadn’t planned on explaining all that but now that I have, I hope it is interesting and helpful to you.
Here are some of the questions that each contributor was asked to respond to in their chapter or interview. The answers have been as diverse as the individuals and I am especially enjoying the variety of ‘takes’ on the Peace questions.
1. What does LET’S BE PEACE MEAN TO YOU?
2. How do you or would you advise people how to Be Peace?
3. What is your approach to the subject of Wellness?
4. Would you consider yourself a functional or holistic medical practitioner or alternative medicine expert?
5. If applicable to you, What is the wellness modality that is your expertise. That you create, inspire, promote? Please describe.
6. Who and What inspires You regarding health, wellness and spirituality?
7. What does “you are your own best doctor” mean to you and how does it integrate with your practice
8. Please describe 3-5 steps for readers to follow to achieve their wellness goals and their path to Being Peace.
9 Please provide a check list of what people should look for in finding a practitioner in your modality in their area.
10. What other messages do you have for our readers?
I am sharing these with you to give you a teaser of the contents of the LET’S BE PEACE book and the types of guests the podcast will have.
Always remember to Love and Trust Yourself and of course LET’S BE PEACE!